Where to start!! Winter is over, spring has passed and today is the first day of Summer! With summer upon us, today Josey & I did our own planter! I'm very impressed with ourselves since I've never ventured into this type of project before, but I wanted what we had last year with less expense, so...
| Josey's & my creation :) |
So now that I've brightened your moods with pretty flowers, let's discuss the fam!
Ken is working out of town again, but luckily he was able to work in Jackson through the winter until May. He is working in Armada and living 10 miles west of Port Huron at Fort Trodd Family Campground http://www.forttrodd.com/. We love it! It's our home away from home every weekend and will be for the month of July when I'm off of work. Yes, you heard that right...I have a portion of the summer off now in my new role as Assistant Director of Dining Services! I'm going to be a Chartwell's employee effective August 1, 2011 and will become an Assistant Director in doing so!
Anyway...enough about Ken & I....the most important parts of our lives, the kids!
Let's start with Josey! She has had a performance in Sleeping Beauty through the West Michigan Youth Ballet. She was a Courtier and had more of an acting role than a dancing one, but she did great! She was asked to sing the National Anthem for the Lowell Community Expo. She has performed in her first Voice Recital through Megan Vos Music. http://meganvosmusic.com/ She sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow and A Thousand Miles. She got to sing in her first Solo & Ensemble Competition for which they earned a II rating. Finally, she performed in the Ada Dance Academy Dance Recital doing a Ballet Technique routine and a Lyrical routine. All this...and I just got her report card today! She got an A+ (choir of course), four A-'s and a B+. WOW!!
| Ballet Technique |
| Lowell Community Expo |
| Lyrical costume |
| Sleeping Beauty March 19, 2011 |
Kenny, he's starting to become a little ball of busyness himself! He has been involved in Little League and loved it! I was able to go to a field trip with his class to Fredrick Meijer Garden. Memorial Day was spent at Higgins Lake, next deep in sand and full of fun!
| Come on butterflies!! Land on my arm already!! |
| Kenny is the catcher! |
| Beach time at Higgins! |
| I love this smile!! |
| Play area at the campground |
Most recently we went to Port Huron and checked out the bridge to Canada. One weekend we will make some plans to take the kids to another country, but for now, we are enjoying our family time when we can get it! And the goofier and fun, the better!
| Father's Day 2011, Bridge to Canada |
No comments:
Post a Comment